JEFFERSON VALLEY, N.Y. - The Chabad of Yorktown celebrated five years in the community last Thursday, June 9, with a gala at Ceola Manor in Jefferson Valley.
What started with a handful of people has blossomed into a vibrant organization that serves the community with religious, social and humanitarian programs. From holiday programs to Sunday school and much more, Chabad aims to service the community in whichever way it can.
At the gala, the Chabad and Rabbi Yehuda Heber presented several awards to community members:
- Supervisor Michael Grace—Public Service Award
- Dr. Morris Glassman of Northern Westchester Ophthalmology—Maimonides Physician Award
- Patty and Gary Schwartz—Friendship Award
- Robyn Pearl—Aishet Chayil/Woman of Valor Award
- Perry Gusikoff of Yorktown Auto Body—Community Service Award
Chabad, founded in 1775, is in an international Jewish religious organization with over 4,000 centers worldwide.
For more information about Chabad, and to see more photos of the dinner, visit ChabadYorktown.com/Gala, or call 914-962-1111.