MAHOPAC, N.Y. - Support Connection, a nonprofit organization that provides support to women diagnosed with breast and ovarian cancer, handed out Spirit Awards to several area residents at its Spring Benefit on Friday, April 26, at Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac. The awards are given each year to honor those who demonstrate dedication to the organization’s mission by providing inspiration, time, talent and other resources.
This year’s recipients were:
• Outstanding Achievement Award: Barbara Cervoni (Bedford Hills)
• Maria Rubino Jennings Spirit of Caring Awards: Sue Andersen (Cortlandt Manor), Carine Castrigno (Bellerose), Christine Dangers (Brewster), Gwen-Harding Peets (Staatsburg), Trish Lilliano (Carmel), and Pat January (Pleasantville)
• Spirit of Giving Award: Alan Bandes (Cortlandt Manor)
• Spirit of Hope Awards: Ann Baker (Mahopac) and Mary Heagle (Mohegan Lake)
• Spirit of Philanthropy Award: Soul Ryeders (Rye)